Table of contents1. How do you inflate an inflatable paddle board.
2. What type of valve is on a paddle board.
3. How to inflate a paddle board with an electric pump.
4. How long does it take for SUP board to be inflated
5. Hand SUP Pump VS Electric SUP Pump
6. 10 Best SUP Pumps In 2022
7. Should I deflate it after paddle boarding? How?
When it comes to the life span of a paddleboard, the steps for paddleboard inflation are also important. If you can do the correct inflation, you will protect the paddle board to a great extent. Now the following questions will be answered.
How To Inflate An Inflatable Paddle Board
To inflate the board is simple and easy. Here are the steps!
- First of all, find a flat place and then put the paddle board down. Then remove all the accessories in your bag.
- 2.Check the valve pin in the upright position. Otherwise, the seal will leak air when removing the pump hose.
- 3.If it is a manual pump, you need to connect the hose that comes with your hand pump. One end should attach to your paddle board pump and the other to your PSI gauge. If a electric sup pump, just set the PSI directly.
- 4.Insert the pump hose and ensure both ends of hose are connected super tight.
- 5.Inflate it and then have fun!
What Type Of Valve Is On A Paddle Board
H3 valve is usually used on SUP board. For it is not unique, you may have an adapter that fits.
Inflating A Paddle Board With An Electric Pump
It is a great way to quickly inflate your paddle board. As the name tells you, it is powered by electricity and does not cost you any effort. Actually, to meet the demand for electric pump, many brands have make specialized ones for paddleboard Inflation.
How Long Does It Take For The SUP Board To Be Inflated
Since different paddleboard sizes are different, the air pressure to be achieved varies, so the length of time required for actual inflation is also inconsistent. But in general, it usually takes 6 to 10 minutes. The PSI generally reaches about 15. If it is a manual pump, speeding up can reduce the time required.
Which One Is Better? Hand SUP Pump VS Electric SUP Pump
Whether it is a manual sup pump or an electric sup pump, all have their upsides and downsides.
(1) Hand sup pumps: It cost nothing extra, already included by the cost of paddle board. You can inflate your board anywhere and don’t worry about running out of power and not being able to charge. But someone may think it takes lots of energy to inflate which makes he tired.
(2) Electric sup pumps: Compared to manual pump, electric one is expensive and must inflate with your car. And it will overheat with use. The upsides of it is raise your time and energy in case you get tired before paddle boarding.
10 Best SUP Pumps In 2022
- 12V DC Connector
- 3.6 ft Long Hose
- Highest PSI: 22
- 7 Different Nozzles
- Suitable for: Inflatable SUP, kayak, yoga ball, inflatable tent, air mattress, etc.
(2) OutdoorMaster 20PSI High Pressure SUP Air Pump The Dolphin
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||10.31 x 6.89 x 6.46 inches|
|Package Weight||1.35 Kilograms|
|Warranty Description||1 Year|
|Included Components||Air Pump|
(3) SereneLife 16PSI High Pressure SUP Air Pump
|Item Weight||4.84 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.9 x 6.9 x 5.2 inches|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Weight||4.84 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.9 x 6.9 x 5.2 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||SLPUMP50|
|Manufacturer Part Number||SLPUMP50|
(4) KOONEL 20PSI High Pressure Air Pump
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||11.73 x 9.69 x 7.17 inches|
|Package Weight||2.31 Kilograms|
(5) APPFULL 20PSI Paddle Board Pump, SUP Pump Electric Portable
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||11.46 x 8.86 x 5.16 inches|
|Package Weight||1.7 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||11.41 x 8.26 x 3.54 inches|
|Size||11.5 x 7.9 x 4.3"|
(6) VACHAN Electric Air Pump Compressor
|Material||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene|
|Item Weight||1.1 Kilograms|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||10.04 x 6.81 x 5.59 inches|
|Package Weight||1.4 Kilograms|
(7) Swonder 20PSI High Pressure Digital Electric Air Pump
- Inflation Auto-Off Function
- Material: ABS+PA
- Supported Pressure Range: 0.5-20 PSI (0.034-1.378 Bar)
- Digital Sensor Accuracy: 0.01 PSI
- Max Pumping Speed: 350L/min at 1st Stage, 70L/min at 2nd stage
- Dual Inflators Switch Point: 1 PSI
- Max Energy Consumption: 10A, 110W (DC12V)
- DC Power Cord Length: 9.5ft (2.9m)
- Hose Length: 3.5ft
- Net Weight: 3.7 Lbs/1.7Kg
(8) AILCION Electric Paddle Board Pump for Inflatables
|Item Weight||5.2 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14.57 x 9.65 x 6.3 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Air Flow Capacity||220 LPM|
|Maximum Pressure||20 Pound per Square Inch|
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||16.1 x 10.35 x 6.38 inches|
|Package Weight||2.36 Kilograms|
|Model Name||Fashion paddle board pump electric portable air pump ,0-20 PSI DC For Inflatable SUP Stand Up Paddle Board / Boat, Water Sports Inflatables|
(9) Dskeuzeew 20PSI Electric SUP Air Pump
|Item Weight||2.47 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||8.7 x 4 x 11.4 inches|
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||12.28 x 9.25 x 6.85 inches|
|Package Weight||2.78 Kilograms|
|Warranty Description||1 Year Warranty|
(10) Crew & Axel Rechargable Electric Paddle Board Pump Wireless
- RECHARGEABLE ELECTRIC PUMP : Tired of pumping with your hands? Its a drag, we understand. Inflating a paddleboard, sup, kayak or boat now got easier. Simply set your desired PSI and let the pump do the rest. The best part is that it comes with a rechargeable battery so you can wireless charge 3-4 boards on a single charge.
- RECHARGEABLE AT HOME OR IN THE CAR: Unlike other portable paddlebaord pumps, the Crew & Axel pump can be charged at home (AC) or from your car (12v DC). In the case your battery completely died, and you are not home, you can use the car plug to pump it up as well. Either way we got you covered.
- PORTABLE & MULTIPURPOSE: The Crew & Axel electric paddle board pump comes with multiple adapters to fit over 8 different valves. Inflate your SUP, paddle board, kayak, boats, pools, and more. There are also USB sockets so you can charge your phones. Also there are 3 strong LED lights in case you need light.
- LCD SCREEN WITH AUTO SHUT OFF: Do you want your board at 11.5 or 15.75? The choice is yours! Use the LCD screen to set the desired PSI and press pump. After the pump reaches your PSI it will automatically shut off. This will make sure your board never inflates past the pressure you require.
- CREW & AXEL GUARANTEE: At Crew & Axel we stand behind our products. From paddle boards, to pumps, if you have any issues with our product simply send us a message. Your product is also covered under our one year limited warranty!
Should I Deflate It After Paddle Boarding? And How?
You can deflate the paddle board or not when you finished paddle boarding. But if you do not have enough place at home to place, or you do not want it to take up so much place, deflate it.
How to deflate the paddle boards? Here comes three steps.
- Before deflation, please rinse the board and dry it completely.
- Remove the valve cap and push down on the valve pin, and twist and lock it in the open position. Then there is a loud bang which is normal.
- After deflation, roll the board.