Table of contents
1.Advantages of blow up paddle board.
2.Best blow up paddle boards.
Is a blow up paddle board the same as an inflatable paddle board?
A blow up paddle board is the same as an inflatable paddle board, or a SUP board. It’s a frequently asked question that bothers a lot of beginners of paddle boarding.
Actually, blow up paddle board is just another name for inflatable stand up paddle board.
There are basically two types of paddle boards, inflatable paddle boards, and hard paddle boards. Inflatable paddle boards are actually also called blow up paddle boards or iSUP(short for inflatable SUP) boards.
Advantages of blow up paddle board
1.Blow up paddle boards are more durable than traditional epoxy paddle boards.
Inflatable SUP boards are usually made from military-grade materials which make them more resistant to scratches and impact while hard paddle boards can be more easily damaged by them. Besides, most damages on an inflatable SUP can be fixed easily while damages done on a hardboard are usually permanent and unfixable.
2. inflatable paddle boards are much lighter.
Compared to a hard paddle board, a blow up paddle board is significantly lighter. You will notice the difference when it’s a long walk to where you paddle from where you live or park and you have to carry your board the whole time.
A lighter board requires less effort to get it to the water and that’s something you might want to take into consideration when you are trying to decide whether to buy a hardboard or an inflatable SUP. It’s less work to carry a lighter board to the water. As time goes, you will probably prefer to go with the lighter inflatable SUP board than with a hard board.
3.Blow up paddle boards won’t hurt as much when you fall on it.
Blow up paddle boards are softer than hard boards, that’s obvious. It also means that if you accidentally fall on the board, which could happen easily when you are just learning how to paddle board or paddle in rough conditions, it won’t hurt as much as falling on a hard paddle board.
4.Inflatable SUP boards are easy to store
Another advantage of a blow up paddle board is that when you are not using it, you can deflate it and roll it up and put it in a bag, and put it aside in the corner.
Blow up paddle boards are more suitable for those with a small apartment. You might not want your paddle board to take up your precious storage space in the apartment.
Both blow up paddle boards and hard paddle boards have their own merits. The most important thing is to figure out what you actually need. If you want a board with top-of-the-class performance/speed, then a hard board is obviously the better option.
But for most people, paddle boarding is just a casual sport they do when they just want to relax and have fun, and blow up paddle boards are made exactly for that.
5 Best Blow Up Paddle Boards
(1) All-around blow up paddle board - Goosehill
- Board specs - Size: 10'6'' × 32'' × 6'', Max Payload: 440LBS / 200KG.
- Ultra-lightweight, Durable, Stiff and Stable. A perfect SUP for recreational paddling and beginners.
- What's in the Package - A Sailor SUP board, a 3-piece adjustable paddle, a pump, a backpack, a SUP leash, a center fin, and a repair kit.
- 3-Year Warranty.
- Free Global Shipping.
- SUP Fin Setup: Slide-in fin box - easy to install and remove the fin and gives the board great tracking and maneuverability.
- D-rings: 316 stainless steel D-rings are corrosion-resistant and the ones on the deck pad allow you to turn the board into a kayak.
- Bungee: Double-X SUP cargo tie-down system - uses a wear-resistant strength bungee cord that holds your cargo securely.
- EVA Deck Pad: Deck pad with a deeply grooved diamond pattern that feels comfortable on your feet and gives you plenty of traction.
- Center Handle: The thick cotton-filled handle is strong and comfortable to hold. Makes carrying the board much easier.
- Rail: Two layers of strong PVC material are welded to the rail of the board to enhance the board’s stiffness and ensure it’s airtight.
- Valve: The valve is made of corrosion-resistant PVC material, durable, and keeps the board air-tight at all times.
(2) Bluefin SUP Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
|Style||A Cruise 10'8|
|Included components||SUP Pump, SUP Paddle, SUP Sac|
|Item model number||CRUISE|
|Product Dimensions||320 x 90 x 20 cm; 17.6 Kilograms|
(3) Aqua Plus 6inches Thick Inflatable SUP
|Color||Barracuda Blue 10’6|
|Size||320 cm x 84 cm x 15 cm|
|Style||320 cm x 84 cm x 15 cm|
|Item display length||126 inches|
|Item display width||33 inches|
|Skill level||Beginner, Intermediate|
|Included components||Seat, Paddle & Kayak Blade, Pump, Go Pro Mount, Bag, Change Mat|
|Item model number||ISUP BARRACUDA BLUE|
|Package Dimensions||92.2 x 43.2 x 30.3 cm; 15.75 Kilograms|
(4) Awesafe Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
|Item model number||SUP-Blue|
|Package Dimensions||90.17 x 35.56 x 27.69 cm; 7.8 Kilograms|
(5) TIGERXBANG SUP Board Stand Up Paddle Board
|Included components||1x backpack, 1x repair kit (no glue), 1x single-blade paddle, 3x detachable fins, 1x kayak seat, 1x hand pump with pressure gauge, 1x user manual, 1x inflatable board, 1x ankle leash|
|Item model number||SN005-2|
|Product Dimensions||320 x 82 x 15 cm; 10 Kilograms|