Touring Paddle boards
Touring paddleboards are an excellent choice for those who are looking for a versatile board. It’s an accessible choice of paddle board for family fun, touring and adventure paddle boarding enthusiasts.
A touring board is typically longer than the more common all-round boards in order to have better glide performance and make it easier for paddlers to go in a straight line. Goosehill’s high-performance touring boards are shaped to give you excellent glide, and that means you can go longer distance with less paddle strokes and less fatigue. If you are going to be paddling more than one mile each trip, you might want to skip the conventional choice that is an all-around board and go for a touring board. The long body will also allow you to bring more gear or even an extra passenger on board. And our 12’6 touring board is not just for touring. On the off chance you want to participate in a SUP race, you can even use your touring board as a race board.
How to choose the right size for paddle board
Your weight and the type of SUPing you intend to do determine the right size SUP for you. You'll want to look at the board's length and width:
1. Short (under 10'6''): More maneuverable for surfing and a great choice for kids.
2. Medium (10'6''-12'6"): Great for casual use and Sailor Touring.
3. Long (over 12'6"): These are faster and steer straighter, making them great for racing
Paddle board width generally ranges from 28" to 32". A wider board is great for bigger people or those that want to carry cargo. A narrower board is better for smaller people or more advanced paddlers looking for speed.
Look for other common features and accessories so your SUP meets your particular needs. Here are some common features:
1. Fins: A single fin is great for flatwater paddling while a 3-fin thruster helps in surf. A 2+1 setup is even better for surfing.
2. Attachment points: Look for points made for attaching fishing rods, seats, cameras and more
3. SUP board pump: inflate your inflatable SUP board efficiently.
4. Paddle: an ultra-lightweight and Strong paddle that can reduced physical output during paddling.
Getting Started Paddle Boarding
Before you head out on the water, you'll need a few accessories: a paddle and leash, a SUP Life Jacket.