Frequently Asked Questions
- After installing the center fin, do not sit on the board while out of the water to prevent the fin from snapping.
- If you are unboxing the package with a knife, be careful not to cut too deep as it might cut and damage the backpack which is on the top of the package.
- After unboxing, check if any paddle board accessories are missing. And then check if the board and the accessories are functioning. We suggest you inflate the board inside and leave it there for a while to make sure it’s working properly before taking it out.
- Please roll the SUP board the way it’s rolled in the original package to avoid damaging the Fin box.
- Please be careful not to let little kids play with the SUP fin to avoid losing the plastic clip which is used to fasten the fin to the fin box. You can easily lose the fin without the clip in place.
- Please inflate the board to the recommended PSI.
The maximum weight-bearing capacity of the backpack is XXX. Please don’t overload it.
- Please store the board and the accessories in a shady spot when they are not in use. Avoid leaving them under direct sunlight.
- Please try to avoid using the board close to objects with sharp edges like rocks or surfaces with sharp bulges which can potentially damage the board and the accessories.
- Please lay the paddle flat to avoid snapping it accidentally.
- Don’t hit or squeeze the pump with heavy objects as it might damage the pump.
- To avoid leaving scratches or dents on the soft EVA pad, please don’t put heavy objects on the pad or wear shoes with a hard sole when riding the board.
- It goes as fast as you paddle. But usually is not as fast as a hard one. Depends on your ability to paddle, but all our customers said it moves fine. And we think it is fast enough for a casual user.
- We have customers worn Vibram toe shoes and water shoes on our board multiple times and have no issues. The mat is sturdy and will not wear easily. It will not have any issues with or without shoes.
- In addition, a water shoe that is easy to get on and off. You will definitely want to have shoes handy because you will have to usually walk on rocks, sand, concrete when getting in and out of the water.
- Shoes will not hurt the board it has a medium soft foam that you stand on this is for traction and comfort while standing. Some people prefer to keep their shoes on while they paddle, for myself, I always remove my shoes and secure them on the board, under the strapping system, or clipped to one of the rings via carabineer.
The deck on the board is very stable and non-slip. However, any shoes with a rougher tread than boat shoes may cause some wear issues.
- Yes, we think that width is important in considering a stable ISUP board for yoga. And our Rainbow would be a good choice. you can also check the below post for pic and videos of yoga on our board.
- What is the max weight for a single person that you would recommend on your SUP?
- As the specifications, the max payload for our board is 551lbs/250KG. We think normally max weight for a single person is always lower than the max payload.
- Yes, definitely a good low-impact workout on your joints.
- The paddle is straight. The paddle board has a slight curve up at the front, as can be seen in the product photos.
- 95*40*30cm this is the size of the backpack, you can collect all the accessories and the board in our backpack and go anywhere you want, no problem.
- if you need pics for reference,pls click"chat with us", we will reply within 12hours.
- It takes about five minutes to inflate with the included pump. If you like your board to be firm, you can pump it up to 15psi. you can also check this review for your reference. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzzxiP5UJbE&t=87s
- As per the specifications, the max payload for our board is 200~250KG. We think normally max weight for a single person is always lower than the max payload. You can check the video on our social channel for two people paddling on our board. That should give you a reference. And also you can check more videos on our channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96CcJskLgAc Instagram： @goosehillsup
- The net weight of the Sailor is 9.3kg, which is ultra-lightweight by inflatable SUP standards, while the Rainbow R weighs 10.3kg.
- Thanks to the lightweight, Sailor is able to surpass Rainbow R in terms of speed and transportability and is more suitable for ladies and kids. But Rainbow R is more stable and stronger than Sailor.
- If you only use an Inflatable SUP board for flatwater paddling or other recreational purposes, Sailor would do just fine. The Rainbow R is more versatile so if you want to challenge yourself to more complicated usages of the board like SUP yoga, whitewater paddling or SUP fishing, the Rainbow R might be the better choice here.
- You can follow our Facebook page and Instagram and contact us on these platforms to activate your warranty.
- We will need your order number which serves as a voucher that we can check.
- 3 years on the board and 1 year on the accessories.
- Since glue is flammable, it could be dangerous during transportation, so we don’t include the glue in the package.
- ailor All-around/Tribe All-around/Rainbow R : 12-15 PSI
- Sailor Touring/Sailor Racing/Sailor Racing Ultra-light/Tribe Touring/Tribe Pro Touring/ : 18-22PSI
- Inflatable boards are made of PVC material which tend to produce unpleasant smells(not harmful) after being sealed for a certain period of time. Just put it in a ventilated place for a few days and the smell will dissipate.
- Note: All of our products are made of environmentally friendly materials and meet the requirements of REACH which is the EU’s major regulation for chemicals.
- After receiving the package, check and see if there’s any damage caused by transport. Make sure the board is in perfect condition before inflation.
- When inflating the board for the first time, inflate it to about 10PSI and leave it for 8 hours before taking it out. This will help extend the life of the board.
- Although the cold resistance of our products meets the market standard, PVC products tend to become hard and brittle at low temperatures during shipping. In order to prolong the life of the product, it is recommended that the paddle board be kept indoors for more than 24 hours after receipt before inflating to prevent rupture at the folds and lead to air leakage.
- Yes, the limited warranty is available only for items purchased through the following channels: goosehillsport.com and the Goosehill store on Amazon, Ebay and Walmart. Products purchased from Amazon used-like-new secondhand link ARE NOT COVERED.
- Generally the leaking valve can be fixed by being tightened. Please check "How to repair a leaking valve" on page 09 in the user manual.
- If you find air leaking from the valve, first deflate the board and leave it for a few minutes. Make sure the board is completely deflated, and then use the wrench which you will find in the repair kit to loosen the valve for a little bit, and then tighten it up again. This can solve the problem most of the time. If it doesn’t work, contact customer service for help.
- Sometimes the board might be squeezed during transportation, causing the inside of the fin base to deform a little bit.
- If you are having a hard time taking the fin out, use a hairdryer to blow the fin box for about 1 minutes to heat it up a little bit. The fin base will slowly return to its original state and you should be able to install/remove the fin without a problem.
- Inflate the paddle board to 12-15 PSI, apply soap water on the leaking area, and then find the soapy bubbles.
- Molden fins may bend over time when the board is stored rolled up. Usually, it will recover automatically within a few days if stored normally without any pressure on it.
- With the red valve on, air will go in when you go up and push down, so you will inflate the board faster. After reaching 8PSI or higher, it will get much tougher to pull up, that’s when you want to take the valve out. In this condition, air will only go into the board when you push down.
- We would recommend re-gluing it.
- We currently have two repair shops in the UK and Germany where you can get your inflatable SUP repaired professionally. Below are the contact info:
Name: Paul Glaeser/ SUP Services
10 Halletts Road
Phone: 07776 304148
Name: Michael Green
Phone: +49 179 6077 34